Do you have a passion for benefits administration and chocolate? Are you a detail oriented individual who enjoys working in a fast paced team environment? If so, Purdys Chocolatier might be just what you are looking for!
Voted by its employees as one of Canada's Best Employers a total of seven times, Purdys Chocolatier is proud to announce that it has now been recognized as a Best Employer at the Platinum level. Purdys prides itself as a company people want to be a part of. Each and every employee plays an integral role in the Purdys operation and is equally committed to creating a quality product.
We are excited about this offer for a new team member to join our fantastic organization as a Benefits & Payroll Administrator at our Head Office in Vancouver, BC !
Purdys Chocolatier currently has over 70 retail locations in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, as well as an e-commerce platform. Overall, the Benefits & Payroll Administrator will provide support to the Human Resources department, as well as administration support for the payroll department. This individual will be responsible for administering the employee Group Benefit Plan and act as a primary contact to all employees with respect to any benefits inquiries. The Benefits & Payroll Administrator must be able to work efficiently and independently, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
As the Benefits & Payroll Administrator, primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Enter data for new hires, departures, conversions, and internal changes (Sun Life, MSP and Sun Life RRSP) into the HRIS system
• Ensure accuracy for payroll records by entering and/or monitoring changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, job title and department/division transfers
• Process information changes for employees and update the benefits provides of the changes
• Process and manage all WCB, STD & LTD claims, and coordinate with the OHS committee
• Liaise with benefit providers, acting as a central point of contact to resolve issues, launch new policy information and other related materials
• Produce ongoing reports to analyze data integrity and complete monthly audits for accuracy
• Keep current on all legislative changes to ensure compliance
• Review and maintain benefit policies; participate in benefits surveys and analyze results
• Process all hiring and termination related documentation, including preparation of ROEs
• Calculate any payment of bonuses, benefits, vacation, terminations, and leave payments as need
• Monitor employee’s vacation usage, sick hours and attendance
• Trouble shoot and assist the management team and employees with time cards exceptions and any issues that arise
• Assist Payroll Supervisor with biweekly payroll for salary and hourly employees, and ensure a timely and accurate payroll reconciliation
• Reconciliation of benefits summaries with benefit providers and payroll system
• Administrate the RRSP policy
• Attend regularly scheduled HR and Payroll meetings
• Contribute to continuous improvement on payroll processes and procedures
All successful candidates must possess the following:
• Minimum 2 years of experience with multi-provincial payroll administration, including full cycle payroll processing
• Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred
• Previous HRIS experience, Ceridian Dayforce preferred
• Experience working with a variety of benefits providers
• Thorough understanding of federal and provincial payroll and employment legislation
• Experience with time and attendance sheets
• Ability to receive and communicate feedback effectively
• Proficient with the MS Office suite of products
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Results oriented and process driven
How to Apply?
• Via our website, www.purdys.com
• Via this ad
Please have “ Benefits & Payroll Administrator ” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.