Are you ready for a taste of the Top 50?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada for a 5th time this year. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
What To Expect
Here's a brief overview of the typical hiring process at Purdys. This should be helpful in showing you what you can expect when you apply with us!
Browse our Careers section for jobs across Canada with Purdys.
Reviewing your Application and Prescreening
Once you submit your information, it is reviewed within two weeks. Due to the substantial amount of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone personally. If you are a shortlisted candidate, you will receive a phone call for a Telephone Prescreen Interview. At the end of the call, you will be given a timeline in which you will receive an update.
If you’re chosen as one of the best qualified candidates after the Telephone Prescreen Interview, we will contact you again in order to schedule further interviews.
Upon completion of the interviewing process and if you are chosen for the role, specifics such as starting salary will be discussed in further detail. From there an offer will be made and if accepted, a job offer letter will be sent to you.
We will also conduct professional reference checks and you will then be on your way to a SWEET career!
Unwrap a great career ... apply today!
Current Job Postings
Job Title :
Senior Software Developer
Closing Date :
Great Pay plus Delicious Perks!
BC, Vancouver - Other - Head Office - Store is not Available
Job Details :
Purdys is excited to announce that we are looking for a Software Developer to join our IT team in Vancouver, BC! This member of the Purdys' IT team reports to the IT Manager and is accountable for project results and ensuring that actions, deliverables, solutions and/or advice are in line with established business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a computer science degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 7 years relevant working experience in software design and development in enterprise environments. The candidate should be highly credible with demonstrable ability to engage as a trusted advisor to senior IT and business management on emerging technologies, especially on e-commerce platforms, and how best to exploit them for business advantage.
• Design and build n-tier web based, client-server and database solutions
• Add functionality and features to existing websites
• Assess business needs and gather, analyze and refine requirements
• Act as a technical leader on software development projects as required
The Successful Candidate must have the following:
• Strong communication skills
• Project Management experience is an asset
• In-depth understanding of system integrations associated with enterprise applications such as ERP, CRM and POS
• Demonstrated knowledge of e-commerce platforms
• Flexibility to effectively cope with changes in work volumes and directions/priorities
• Strong customer service orientation
• Capacity for innovation and “outside the box” thinking
Technical Skill Set Required:
• In depth understanding of the benefits and use of a software development life cycle
• Expert-level understanding of and ability to communicate Object Orientated principles
• Knowledge of current trends in software development including, patterns/anti-patterns, SOA, MVC and Web services
• Good understanding of RDBMS principals with focus on Microsoft SQL Server based database design
• Expertise with Microsoft .Net based technologies including, C#, ADO.Net and VB.Net
• Working knowledge of Crystal Reports
• Experience with BI tools is an asset
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.