Are you ready for a taste of the Top 50?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada for a 5th time this year. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
What To Expect
Here's a brief overview of the typical hiring process at Purdys. This should be helpful in showing you what you can expect when you apply with us!
Browse our Careers section for jobs across Canada with Purdys.
Reviewing your Application and Prescreening
Once you submit your information, it is reviewed within two weeks. Due to the substantial amount of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone personally. If you are a shortlisted candidate, you will receive a phone call for a Telephone Prescreen Interview. At the end of the call, you will be given a timeline in which you will receive an update.
If you’re chosen as one of the best qualified candidates after the Telephone Prescreen Interview, we will contact you again in order to schedule further interviews.
Upon completion of the interviewing process and if you are chosen for the role, specifics such as starting salary will be discussed in further detail. From there an offer will be made and if accepted, a job offer letter will be sent to you.
We will also conduct professional reference checks and you will then be on your way to a SWEET career!
Unwrap a great career ... apply today!
Current Job Postings
Job Title :
Great Pay plus Delicious Perks!
BC, Vancouver - Other - Head Office - Store is not Available
Job Details :
Do you have a passion for working hands on with factory equipment? If so, Purdys might be looking just for someone like you.
Our Production Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC is looking for an Industrial Electrician to join our Maintenance team!
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Carries out responsibilities identified in the Purdy’s Quality Management System including required documentation and quality checks
• Complies with all companies GMP’s
• Maintains, repairs, rebuilds, or installs any production or other equipment and fixtures within the boundary of the individual’s certification using appropriate hand tolls, shop tools or equipment
• Applies required knowledge and experience in the preventive maintenance and provides technical support and decision making during breakdown situations
• Provides electrical services for new machinery in accordance to the codes and standards
• Programs and troubleshoots PLCs and inspects electrical installation i.e. transformers and switch gears
• Writes reports of work required for repairs/maintenance
• Communicates with production supervisors to schedule machine down time for major repairs
• Ability to analyze and interpret building drawings, technical literature, equipment specifications
• Organizes and maintains spare parts inventories under the direction of the supervisor
• Completes work orders documenting time spent and parts used according to established procedures
• Complies with all safety policy, accident prevention and compliance programs; reviews work areas for potential issues that could result in losses and reports injuries and hazards
• Maintains area to a satisfactory level of cleanliness and sanitation
• Maintains accuracy and integrity of computerized maintenance programs
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• 3-5 years' experience working on food processing equipment
• Red Seal Electrical ticket required
• PLC programming certificate/training OR electrical and/or electronic training at college or university level
• Good understanding of AC and DC motors
• Excellent knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), servo motors and servo drives
• Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and computerized machinery
• Can create neat accurate and legible reports
• Ability to enter data into the computer/WIMS System
• Via this Ad
• Via our Website, www.purdys.com
Please have “Industrial Electrician” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.