Are you ready for a taste of the Top 50?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada for a 5th time this year. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
What To Expect
Here's a brief overview of the typical hiring process at Purdys. This should be helpful in showing you what you can expect when you apply with us!
Browse our Careers section for jobs across Canada with Purdys.
Reviewing your Application and Prescreening
Once you submit your information, it is reviewed within two weeks. Due to the substantial amount of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone personally. If you are a shortlisted candidate, you will receive a phone call for a Telephone Prescreen Interview. At the end of the call, you will be given a timeline in which you will receive an update.
If you’re chosen as one of the best qualified candidates after the Telephone Prescreen Interview, we will contact you again in order to schedule further interviews.
Upon completion of the interviewing process and if you are chosen for the role, specifics such as starting salary will be discussed in further detail. From there an offer will be made and if accepted, a job offer letter will be sent to you.
We will also conduct professional reference checks and you will then be on your way to a SWEET career!
Unwrap a great career ... apply today!
Current Job Postings
Job Title :
Closing Date :
Great Pay plus Delicious Perks!
BC, Vancouver - Other - Head Office - Store is not Available
Job Details :
Do you have a passion for working hands on with factory equipment? If so, Purdys might be looking just for someone like you.
Our Production Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC is looking for an Industrial Electrician to join our Maintenance team! This position applies electrical knowledge to install, test, repair and modify electrical machinery and electrical control equipment. This role will support all production and plant equipment in the facility.
Please note: The successful candidate MUST have experience working as an industrial electrician in a manufacturing plant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment
• Diagnose and repair or replace faulty mechanical and/or electrical/electronic components of machinery
• Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications
• Troubleshoot instruments; both electrical and mechanical ensuring applicable repair is performed for fixing
• Confer with the controls designers to determine operational problems and efficiency of automatic control systems
• Determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing equipment, and follow accordingly
• Analyze operational problems and assist in the development, modifications and design to improve efficiency
• Confer with manufacturers' representatives and submit proposed design modification to improve efficiency of controls and instrumentation
• Plan, direct, and record periodic electrical testing, and recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards
• Help ensure compliance with the production schedule
• Establish standards and policies for maintenance of equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Red Seal Provincial electrical certification (Red Seal Industrial Electrician) or Interprovincial certification
• PLC and Control System experience
• 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing setting with 480V and 600V motors
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment, hydraulic equipment, control circuits, motors, motor control circuits, and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment
• Ability to install and maintain mechanical equipment, hydraulic equipment, electrical systems and controls
• Knowledge and experience with the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair of logic control systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and adjustable frequency AC drives
• Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics and apply NEC requirements
• Ability to draw electrical blue prints and electrical schematics using Auto Cad
• Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks
• Ability to program PLCs
• Via this Ad
• Via our Website, www.purdys.com
• Drop your resume off directly at one of our shops
• Or via fax, 604 301 4401
Please have “Industrial Electrician” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.