Chocolate Hazelnut Crepes with Raspberry Puree and Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- Heat butter and chocolate until melted then add the remaining ingredients, mixing until blended.
- Strain into to jug and let stand for 30 minutes. Consistency of batter should be like thin cream.
- Add a little water or milk if it appears too thick.
- Heat 8-inch pan on medium heat with a little oil.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into pan and cook for about a minute and a half.
- Flip crepe over and cook for an additional minute. Repeat with remainder of batter for two more crepes.
Chocolate Hazelnut Filling:
- Melt the Hedgehogs in microwave then blend with room-temperature cream cheese until smooth.
Dark Chocolate Syrup
- Gently heat dark chocolate and butter or margarine either using a microwave or double boiler until completely melted.
- Stir in corn oil.
- The chocolate syrup will last about two weeks in the refrigerator.
- Heat syrup slightly before each use. (Also great for other desserts and ice cream!)
P.S. The chocolate syrup will last about two weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries, pureed
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Drizzle half a plate with Purdys' Chocolate syrup.
- Place one crepe on the plate ensuring half the crepe lies on drizzled side, half on the other.
- Spread hazelnut filling on the half of the crepe plated on the chocolate drizzle, followed by sliced banana.
- Fold the non-drizzled side of the crepe over the filling, and dress with raspberries and whipping cream.
- Drizzle entire plate with more Dark Chocolate Syrup. Enjoy your decadent treat!
Yield - 3 Crepes