Are you looking for an exciting job opportunity where you can utilize passion for designing, developing, and supporting new and existing software applications?
Purdys Chocolatier is looking for a proven Junior Web Developer to join our IT Team at our Vancouver Head Office.
The Junior Web Developer’s main goal is to assist senior developers with designing, developing and testing new software. This role also involves supporting existing software applications.
Duties and Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Building and testing n-tier web-based, client-server and database solutions
• Ensuring that project milestones are achieved and deliverables are completed on time
• Providing second level software help desk support as needed and occasional off-hour support according to off-hour support policy
• Providing training and demo of developed software to users
• Testing software that has been co-developed with team members
• Editing internal videos using video-editing software
• Documenting all appropriate program processes, installation and maintenance, and other related documentation for applications as required
• Computer Science Degree/Diploma
• Minimum 2 years work experience in a related software development role
• Minimum 1 year of experience in testing
• Strong UI and front end web design skills.
• Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, object oriented language, software design methodology and Microsoft technologies
• Knowledge of C#, .NET, SQL Servers are necessary.
• Previous software testing skills using testing tools/software,
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Crystal Reporting is an asset
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation, training and presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.