Do you have the natural drive to lead a team and create excitement about sales?
If so, Purdys Chocolatier might be just what you are looking for! Our Retail Team at Yorkdale in Toronto wants to add to their strength by adding a Manager on the Bench to the team.
The Manager on the Bench is set up to become the next Shop Manager through Purdys’ Succession Planning. While utilizing existing management experience and knowledge, this individual is partnered with other Managers in retail.
This individual undergoes an “On the Job” training period, with the goal of further developing their experience along with our high standard of proficiency as Shop Manager. Reporting to the District Manager and with assistance from other members of the Retail Team, the Manager on the Bench is further trained in specific skills and competencies to enable him/her to develop into a top Shop Manager.
In this role, duties include but are not limited to:
• Using Sales drive to achieve profit goals
• Providing Customer Obsessed Service and Sales through leadership by example, training, coaching, managing and scheduling others
• Selecting quality Associates by effectively recruiting, interviewing and hiring
• Training and developing Associates to become productive and promotable internal candidates by:
o Orientating, training, coaching, motivating, counseling, disciplining, and providing written performance reviews
o Participating and assisting in leading meetings
o Providing and participating in opportunities for self development.
• Controlling inventory levels of product and supplies to meet daily requirements
• Promoting Purdys’ Special Service options
All Applicants MUST Have:
• Minimum 2 years of progressive management experience in a retail or hospitality environment
• Flexibility to work all mall hours
Voted by its employees as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada for a 5th time this year, Purdys prides itself as a company people want to be a part of. Each and every employee plays an integral role in the Purdys operation and is equally committed to creating a quality product.
Here are just some of the sweet perks you enjoy as an employee:
• Educational Sponsorship
• Career Development
• Recognition Programs
• Computer Purchase Program
• Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Product Discounts
• Employer-matched Charitable Donations
Apply Now via this site, via email (email@example.com), or apply directly at one of our shops!
Please have “Manager on the Bench, Yorkdale” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.