Do you have a passion for working hands on with factory equipment? If so, Purdys might be looking just for someone like you.
Our Production Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC is looking for an Industrial Electrician to join our Maintenance team! This position applies electrical knowledge to install, test, repair and modify electrical machinery and electrical control equipment. This role will support all production and plant equipment in the facility.
Please note: The successful candidate MUST have experience working as an industrial electrician in a manufacturing plant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment
• Diagnose and repair or replace faulty mechanical and/or electrical/electronic components of machinery
• Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications
• Troubleshoot instruments; both electrical and mechanical ensuring applicable repair is performed for fixing
• Confer with the controls designers to determine operational problems and efficiency of automatic control systems
• Determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing equipment, and follow accordingly
• Analyze operational problems and assist in the development, modifications and design to improve efficiency
• Confer with manufacturers' representatives and submit proposed design modification to improve efficiency of controls and instrumentation
• Plan, direct, and record periodic electrical testing, and recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards
• Help ensure compliance with the production schedule
• Establish standards and policies for maintenance of equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Red Seal Provincial electrical certification (Red Seal Industrial Electrician) or Interprovincial certification
• PLC and Control System experience
• 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing setting with 480V and 600V motors
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment, hydraulic equipment, control circuits, motors, motor control circuits, and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment
• Ability to install and maintain mechanical equipment, hydraulic equipment, electrical systems and controls
• Knowledge and experience with the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair of logic control systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and adjustable frequency AC drives
• Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics and apply NEC requirements
• Ability to draw electrical blue prints and electrical schematics using Auto Cad
• Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and diagnostic equipment to complete job tasks
• Ability to program PLCs
• Via this Ad
• Via our Website, www.purdys.com
• Drop your resume off directly at one of our shops
• Or via fax, 604 301 4401
Please have “Industrial Electrician” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.