About Us Purdys Chocolatier Blog Careers Virtual Factory Tours Community Involvement People of Purdys Green Initiatives Press Coverage Press Releases Store Locations Become an Affiliate
Purdys’ logo is purple and gold—but we’re green at heart.
Even back in the 1960s, Purdys did everything possible to reduce, reuse and recycle non-food materials.
Here’s a small sample of what Purdys is doing to keep our eco-footprint down:
- Purdys has saved over 1000 trees (and counting) since 2008
- We use high-efficiency hand dryers and print on both sides of the paper. Our brochures are printed on FSC-certified paper, which comes from sustainable, environmentally-conscious practices—just like our cocoa!
- We’ve cut our waste to landfill in half over the last four years
- And we continue to promote extensive recycling programs at Purdys’ factory kitchen, headquarters and in shops. We also make sure to recycle all soft plastics.
- Purdys has also reduced electricity consumption
- We’ve made Power Smart lighting upgrades that have reduced consumption per production hour in the factory kitchen by 11%, saving 167,000kwh annually.
- We've also reduced greenhouse gas emissions and gas consumption
- In recognition of our efforts, Purdys was honoured to receive the City of Vancouver’s Award of Excellence for Greenest City Leadership in 2015.
And it's the little things that count too: We turn off the lights when not needed, drink out of ceramic cups instead of disposable ones, and sell things we don't need through our online employee marketplace.