Apple Crisp Caramel Baked Apple
For the crumble
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cold butter, diced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine crumble ingredients into bowl and mix by hand until loosely combined.
- Using a sharp knife or apple corer, cut about a 1 inch hole around stem and remove apple core.
- Scoop out apple flesh, leaving approximately 1/2 inch at the bottom.
- Stuff with quartered caramels, then add crumble on top.
- Place apples in deep baking dish.
- Pour boiling water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until apples are cooked through and tender.
- Cut and baste apples with juices from the pan.
- If desired, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the side.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives