Beef Tenderloin with Chocolate Port Sauce
- 2 x 5 oz beef tenderloin filets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cracked white peppercorns
- 1 tbsp shallots, finely minced
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 14 g Purdys' 70% Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Brush the tenderloin filets on all sides with one tablespoon olive oil and season with sea salt and cracked peppercorns to taste.
- Heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the filets and cook 2-4 mins per side (depending on thickness and desired doneness).
- Remove from pan to rest, covering with tented foil to allow steak to breathe.
- In the same pan, stir in minced shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the port and balsamic vinegar, simmering the mixture until it has a syrup-like consistency, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add beef stock and rosemary and continue to simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Just prior to serving, add chocolate, stirring until melted and completely blended.
- Pour sauce over steaks and serve.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives