Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Line an 8 inch square pan with a large rectangle of foil, leaving an overhang over the rim of the pan.
- Grease pan foil with butter or nonstick spray.
- Melt the Himalayan Pink Salt Carmels on low heat, adding whipping cream and stirring.
- Put aside once fully melted.
- In a medium saucepan set over very low heat, melt butter and dark chocolate, stirring frequently
until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in nuts and cocoa nibs (optional), then add flour and salt.
- Scrape half of batter into prepared pan then drizzle melted caramels over batter.
- Pour remainder of batter over caramels and bake for 30 minutes or until brownies feel just-set in centre of pan.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool, lift brownies out of pan using foil overhang and cut into squares.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives