Chocolate Marshmallow Mousse Tart
For the crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/3 cups flour
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend all crust ingredients together to make a smooth pastry paste. Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Scoop out 1/3 of pastry. Freeze remainder to make additional tart crusts when desired.
- Roll out pastry, then press evenly onto bottom and sides of a 12in tart pan.
- Use fork to prick bottom and sides of the crust to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until crust is lightly browned.
For the Filling
- While tart crust is baking, combine eggs, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla and whipping cream in saucepan.
- Whisk over low heat until mixture starts to thicken, then add Purdys' Milk Chocolate Bar and Mallo Eggs.
- When mixture is smooth, whisk in Grand Marnier.
- Pour mousse mixture into tart crust, and bake another 10 minutes at 350°F.
- When finished, allow tart to cool before garnishing with Purdys' Truffle Eggs.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives