Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the crust
- 150g Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
For the center
For the ganache frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter and flatten into a spring form pan.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Blend cream cheese with sugar.
- Once completed blended, add melted dark chocolate and blend again.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add the eggs, vanilla and sour cream in increments, blending thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour half of mixture onto crust and arrange Peanut Butter Fingers in a circular pattern so that each slice of cheesecake contains one finger.
- Pour remaining half of mixture into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cheesecake is firm.
- Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the pan to ensure cheesecake does not crack whilst it is cooling.
- Once cheesecake is room temperature, place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Combine melted dark chocolate, whipping cream and melted butter.
- Stir mixture until it reaches a smooth and silky texture.
- Spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
- Return to refrigerator to fully set.
- Cheesecake is best when brought up to room temperature and served the following day.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives