Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Banoffee Filling
"This cookie recipe is an original family recipe from my grandmother, and it's a winner every time!"
- Rachel McKinley, Chocolatier
For cookie dough:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- Preheat over at 350°F
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add remaining cookie dough ingredients and mix until blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls or use a scoop. Flatten dough slightly.
- Place on pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Once cookies are out of the oven, turn them over with a pair of tongs.
- Slice each Banoffee piece in half and place on one half of the cookies. The heat from the cookies should slightly melt the Banoffee. If not, warm cookies in microwave slightly.
- Slice banana onto the other half of the cookies.
- Squish the cookie sides together to make a Banana Banoffee sandwich!
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives