Dark Chocolate Carrot Cake
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 100 g Purdys' Classic Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and grease an 8 round baking tin.
- In a large bowl whisk carrots, sugar, oil and eggs until completely blended.
- Set aside.
- Cut dark chocolate into small pieces and microwave until melted.
- Using a spatula, blend into carrot mixture.
- Fold in baking powder, flour and salt until completely blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake 90 to 95 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean and cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Baking time may vary based on moisture content of the carrots.
- In another bowl cut white chocolate into small pieces and add butter.
- Microwave until completely melted.
- Fold in cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar.
- Once the cake has cooled, slice into 3 equal layers and add frosting to each layer.
- Roll thin carrot peels to create coiled flowers and garnish with walnut pieces.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives