Peppermint Ice White Chocolate Mousse
"This mousse recipe can be made a day ahead which makes it a great choice for holiday parties!"
- Rachel McKinley, Chocolatier
- 2 Peppermint Ice Bars
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided into 1/4 cup and 1 cup portions
- Chop Peppermint Ice Bars into small, rough pieces and place in glass bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar.
- In saucepan over low heat, bring 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream to a boil.
- Slowly pour warm cream over egg/sugar mixture, whisking it constantly.
- Pour mixture into saucepan. Whisk and cook over low heat until thick enough to coat back of a spoon.
- Pour mixture through a strainer onto the chopped Peppermint Ice Bars. Whisk it all together.
- In separate bowl, whip remaining 1 cup of cream then fold gently into chocolate mixture until combined into mousse.
- Pour mousse into your serving dishes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with mint leaves and bits of Peppermint Ice Bar.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives