In This Recipe:
Yield - 2 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a heatproof bowl, melt dark chocolate and butter in microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring each time until completely melted.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a third bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla on high until fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate on low speed then blend in flour mixture.
- Slice caramels into four slices each, making 24 slices (one for each cookie).
- Drop heaping tablespoons 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheet covered in greased parchment paper.
- Push a caramel slice into centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through the bake.
- Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.