Vida Nibs Crusted Pork Tenderloin
For the tenderloin rub
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp Vida Nibs
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
For the sauce
- 12 almonds, toasted
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup tomatillos
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, deveined and deseeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g Purdys Classic White Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Coarsely grind Vida Nibs, either in a small food processor or using mortar & pestle.
- Mix together with brown sugar, cumin, sea salt and black pepper.
- Coat tenderloin with rub mixture. Press firmly to ensure as much as possible sticks to the meat.
- Let tenderloin sit for a few minutes.
- Recoat with rub mixture, which should now stick better thanks to the "activation" of the sugar.
- Drizzle olive oil into your pan, and cook the pork tenderloin over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 2- 2 1/2 minutes on each side, for a total of 8-10 minutes (8 minutes for medium-rare, 10 minutes for medium).
- Let tenderloin rest, covered on a plate or cutting board, for 10 minutes.
- While tenderloin is resting, puree almonds, cilantro, tomatillos, jalapeno pepper and garlic.
- Add lime juice, salt and olive oil until desired consistency is achieved.
- Bring to a boil in a small saucepan, lower to a simmer and add white chocolate. Stir while the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice tenderloin on a bias, and serve on top of the sauce.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives