White Chocolate Custard Easter Egg Nests
In This Recipe:
Yield: 4 Egg Nests
For Egg Nests:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 4 cups in a standard muffin tin.
- Remove frozen phyllo dough from package.
- Without unrolling phyllo, cut into 1/2 inch thin slices.
- Gently unfurl the strands and brush with melted butter, then curl into muffin tin cavities.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and then remove from the pan.
- While Egg Nests are baking, prepare the custard.
- Stir milk and cream in saucepan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until starting to steam.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornstarch and sugar together in heatproof bowl.
- Continue to whisk while slowly pouring in the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Return mixture to saucepan and add white chocolate.
- Cook custard while stirring over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour custard into a heatproof jug and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Plate your nests and then pour the custard into each nest, dividing evenly between servings.
- Garnish each Egg Nest with shaved chocolate and Purdys’ Caramel Eggs.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives