- Microwave Hedgehogs in microwave-safe bowl in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until Hedgehogs are a smooth paste.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add melted Hedgehogs and mix until fully incorporated. Scrape down the bowl to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Add eggs and mix again.
- Stir in salt and baking powder. Scrape sides of bowl again if necessary to mix well.
- Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead the dough together gently before rolling out.
- Cut into hedgehog shapes and place on lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° F (175° C) for seven minutes or until centre of cookies looks dry.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- For decorative piping chocolate, chop Classic chocolate bars and melt in microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time until just barely melted. A few pieces should be left unmelted. Stir until those pieces have disappeared, then use a piping bag and pipe the chocolate onto the cookies as desired.
Hedgehog Cookies Recipe
June 16, 2021