What does your summer look like? For some, it's a chance to get outside and celebrate with friends and family. For others, it signals warm weather for running around the park, the beach, the lake or anywhere as long as it’s the outdoors. Summer's just about kicking back and relaxing. No matter how you’re spending the summer and who you’re spending it with, odds are you’ll need some delicious food and desserts to cool you off. We have the perfect summer recipe for you!
In this delicious ice cream recipe, you'll combine our new Maple Sweet Georgia Browns Chocolates, Purdys White Chocolate, Bourbon and other ingredients. And—spoiler alert, we’ll show you how to make ice cream at home, without an ice cream maker.
This ice cream is super simple and needs no special equipment.
Watch the video below to see how this recipe is made
Hands-on time: Approx. 15 minutes
Fridge/Freezer time: 10 hours to overnight
Makes: Approx. 2L
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1x 50 g Purdys Classic White Chocolate Bar
- 6 Maple Sweet Georgia Browns
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 300ml (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- Optional: 2 tbsp (1 ounce) bourbon
- Before you begin, place a large bowl or extra-large cake pan into the freezer.
- Using a paring knife, pop the Gold Chocolate tops off the 6 Maple Sweet Georgia Browns.
- Finely chop the gold chocolate and reserve the leftover maple caramel and nuts for later.
- Finely chop the Classic White Chocolate Bar and place it into a bowl with the chopped Gold Chocolate.
- Place the cream (part A) and vanilla extract into a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, pour the cream over the chocolate, and whisk until the chocolate has completely melted and combined.
- Add the cream (part B) and whisk to incorporate. Cover with plastic wrap touching the surface and place into the refrigerator for a minimum of 5 hours, or overnight.
- After at least 5 hours in the fridge, transfer the chilled ice cream base into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, or you can whisk by hand or with a hand-held beater.
- Add the salt, condensed milk, and optional bourbon, and whisk until the mixture thickens and holds a groove in the top when the whisk is dragged across the surface – about 5 minutes by machine or 5-10 minutes by hand.
- Chop the reserved maple caramel and pecans into chunks and fold into the ice cream base.
- Transfer the mixture into the pre-chilled bowl and cover with plastic wrap touching the surface. Place into the freezer for a minimum of 4-5 hours.
- When it is frozen, scoop and enjoy!