Career Opportunities › Software Developer
Location: BC, Vancouver, Head Office
Are you passionate about obtaining project results and using your IT skills in a fast paced, customer service oriented environment?
Purdys is excited to announce that we are looking for a Software Developer to join our IT team in Vancouver, BC! This individual reports to the VP of Information Technology and is accountable for project results and ensuring that actions, deliverables, solutions and/or advice are in line with established business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have a computer science degree or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in software design and development in enterprise environments. The candidate should be highly credible with demonstrable ability to engage as a trusted advisor to senior IT and business management on emerging technologies, especially on e-commerce platforms, and how best to exploit them for business advantage.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and build n-tier web based, client-server and database solutions.
- Add functionality and features to existing websites.
- Assess business needs and gather, analyze and refine requirements.
- Act as a technical leader on software development projects as required.
The Successful Candidate must have the following:
- Strong communication skills are a must for this position.
- In-depth understanding of system integrations associated with enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing driven e-commerce applications.
- Flexibility to effectively cope with changes in work volumes and directions/priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Capacity for innovation and "out of the box" thinking.
- Project Management experience is an asset.
Technical Skill Set Required:
- In depth understanding of the benefits and use of a software development life cycle.
- Proven experience with development with e-commerce platforms.
- Expert-level understanding of and ability to communicate Object Orientated principles.
- Knowledge of current trends in software development including, patterns/anti-patterns, SOA, XML-based architectures and component-based development.
- Good understanding of RDBMS principals with focus on Microsoft SQL Sever based database design.
- Expertise with Microsoft .Net based technologies including, C#, ADO.Net and VB.Net.
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports.
- Experience with BI tools is an asset.
How to Apply
Click here to apply by email.
Please have Software Developer as the email Subject and direct all resumes to the HR Recruiter
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.