Pecan Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Tart
In This Recipe:
Classic Bar - 70% Dark Chocolate
Chocolate Caramel Assortment
For the crust
- 400g shortbread cookies
- 1 large egg
For the center
For the topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Process shortbread cookies in food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add egg and continue to mix until mixture is evenly moist.
- Press mixture into greased, 9 inch tart pan, evenly covering sides and base.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 14 minutes until crust appears dry.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place Purdys Pecan Caramels in non-stick pot, add whipping cream and warm on stove on medium- low heat, stirring until mixture is completely melted.
- Pour into shortbread crust.
- Pour whipping cream into pot and bring to a slight boil.
- Take off heat and fold in finely chopped chocolate and butter until completely blended.
- Pour over caramel layer and refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Dust with cocoa powder and slice and serve.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives