- 8 tbl butter
- 3 tbl sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, inside of vanilla bean and salt. (Set aside vanilla bean shell for ganache filling.)
- Slowly add in flour until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle dough over bottom of 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Using fingertips, press dough evenly onto bottom and sides of pan.
- Cover tart shell and let rest for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Prick bottom and sides of shell and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine cream, salt and vanilla bean shell and heat gently on medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and mixture is just at a simmer.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate and butter.
- Let sit for about 4 minutes then stir gently until smooth.
- Pour ganache into cooled tart shell and transfer to refrigerator and chill at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until set.
- Top with fruit and whipped cream.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives