In This Recipe:
Yield - 4 to 6 servings
- 500ml 35% cream (whipping cream)
- 150g Purdys’ Class Milk Chocolate (3 bars)
- ¼ c Roasted Hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1pkg Sponge Cake (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 Purdys’ Continental Crisp Eggs (thinly sliced)
- 3 Oranges (segmented – alternatively, you can use canned or fresh mandarin oranges)
- Grand Marnier Simple Syrup*
- Whip 35% cream to soft peaks, and separate 1/3 and 2/3 portions into separate bowls.
- Melt 150g Purdys’ Classic Milk Chocolate over a double boiler or, in 20sec increments in a microwave, until fully melted.
- Make a chocolate mousse by gently folding the melted chocolate into the 2/3’s whipped cream until fully incorporated and set aside.
- Start assembling your trifle by layering the following ingredients in a tall glass:
- Sponge cake cubes (enough to cover the bottom of the glass)
- Soak the sponge cake cups with 1.5tsp of Grand Marnier Simple syrup
- 3-4 orange slices
- A spoonful of chocolate mousse
- 3-4 slices of Purdys’ Continental Crisp Eggs
- 2-3 spoonful’s of whipped cream
Ingredients (makes 1/2 cup):
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Grand Marnier (2 ounces)
- Bring sugar and water to a rolling boil, and ensure all sugar is melted.
- Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature, then add ¼ cup Grand Marnier.