In This Recipe:
Yield - 18 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In small saucepan on low heat, combine dark chocolate and water. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts into smooth mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, use mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each egg, until just combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir with a spoon until just combined.
- Add melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto wire rack to cool.
- Use orange icing, candy corn and ogre or zombie eyeballs to create spiky-haired creatures.
- Monster Mash jelly beans make for a great hairdo or eyebrows.
- Don't forget to add gummy worms for spooky detail.
- Pipe black icing over white icing to create spider webs.