Pumpkin Caramel, Pear & Cranberry Galette
- 3 tbsp (+1 tbsp for topping) granular sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Bartlett pears, peeled & cored, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 batch of pie dough (store-bought or home-made)
- 6 Pumpkin Truffles
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine 3 tbsp of sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Add pears, cranberries and vanilla extract. Toss to coat.
- Roll out crust dough and cut 4 x 6" small plate rounds.
- Combine scrap dough (without overworking) and cut out 2 more 6" rounds.
- Spoon pear mixture into the middle of each round, and dot with pumpkin caramel pieces.
- Fold over crust to form edges.
- Brush egg wash over the edges, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Purdys Recipe eBooks Online (Free!)
Discover the complex flavours of cocoa and expand your culinary repertoire by exploring our recipe collections.
View eBook Archives