Chocolate & Beer BBQ Sauce
May 1, 2019
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup pale ale
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 50 g Purdys' 70% Dark Chocolate
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, combine olive oil and crushed garlic and heat until garlic becomes fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Whisk in remaining ingredients except chocolate.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Before serving, chop chocolate into small pieces and add to sauce, stirring until completely melted.
- Use with any of your favourite barbequed meats!