This recipe is a combination of 2 classics - a Greyhound and a French 75. The combination pairs beautifully with our Canadian Ice Wine truffle. Serve in flutes to show off the ombre/layered effect, or in coupes for a classic look. Makes 4 cocktails.
- 2oz lavender simple syrup
- 4 oz Chambord
- 4 oz grapefruit juice
- 8-12 oz Champagne or your favourite sparkling wine
For Lavender simple syrup:
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp lavender buds (fresh or dried)
- Combine lavender buds, white sugar and ½ cup water and bring to boil in a small pot.
- Strain and cool for at least 1 hr.
- Combine cooled lavender syrup and Chambord and pour into the bottom of champagne flutes.
- Slowly add 1 oz grapefruit juice to each flute (pouring down the side of the flute to avoid mixing the liquids and allowing layers/ombre to form).
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender or a fresh slice of grapefruit and pair with our Canadian Ice Wine truffle.