Warm yourself to the brim with this deliciously satisfying Hot Chocolate Bomb recipe from our Master Chocolatier, Rachel McKinley, straight from her test kitchen. Watch her doing her magic in this video recipe featuring our Classic Milk Chocolate Bar, Marshmallow Bar and of course, Hot Chocolate.
How to make hot chocolate bombs?
- Chop the Milk Chocolate Classic Bars into fine pieces.
- Place the chocolate pieces into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each round. Do this until just a few pieces remain unmelted in the bowl, and then stir until the whole mass is melted. (This is a simple way to temper chocolate, which is needed for the chocolate to set and taste the best!)
- Pour the chocolate into the mould. You can fill the mould with chocolate and then tip it over to remove the excess. This will leave a shell on the mould. Allow this to set at room temperature until it releases easily from the mould. The excess can be retempered for more bombs or it makes a great snack!
- Release the half spheres from the mould. Fill one-half sphere with your desired amount of Hot Chocolate mix and a piece of your Marshmallow Bars.
- Take another sphere and place the flat edge very briefly on a warm frying pan to melt the edges.
- Press the melted edge onto the filled half sphere and allow it to set.
- Decorate as desired.
- Heat a cup of milk until steaming on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Place the Mint Hot Chocolate Bomb at the bottom of your favourite mug.
- Pour the hot milk into the mug, stir and enjoy!
Hot Chocolate, 335 g
Our version of a magical brew: just add hot water (or your choice of milk). Make it your own with special toppings like some awesome tiny marshmallows or a sprinkle of cinnamon. Made with sustainable cocoa.