Created by chocolatier Rachel McKinley, this drinking chocolate is great when paired with walnut shortbread cookies and a hard, ripe cheese on the side like Gruyère, Emmenthal or Jarlsberg.
- 1 cup dark red wine such as a shiraz or a cabernet
- 2 Purdys Dark Chocolate Classic Bars, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup 18% fat coffee cream or whipping cream
- In saucepan on medium-low heat, whisk together chopped dark chocolate and cream.
- Once mixture is smooth, pour in wine and bring to a simmer.
- Pour and serve.