- 150 g Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 Classic Dark Chocolates, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 160 ml sour cream
- 8 Peanut Butter Fingers
For Ganache Frosting:
- 2 1/2 Classic Dark Chocolates, melted
- 80 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter and flatten into a spring form pan.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
- Blend cream cheese with sugar.
- Once completed blended, add melted dark chocolate and blend again.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add the eggs, vanilla and sour cream in increments, blending thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour half of mixture onto crust and arrange Peanut Butter Fingers in a circular pattern so that each slice of cheesecake contains one finger.
- Pour remaining half of mixture into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cheesecake is firm.
- Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the pan to ensure cheesecake does not crack whilst it is cooling.
- Once cheesecake is room temperature, place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Combine melted dark chocolate, whipping cream and melted butter.
- Stir mixture until it reaches a smooth and silky texture.
- Spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
- Return to refrigerator to fully set.
- Cheesecake is best when brought up to room temperature and served the following day.