- 400 g shortbread cookies
- 1 large egg
- 300 g Purdys' Pecan Caramels
- 60 ml whipping cream
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 4 Purdys' Classic Dark Chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Process shortbread cookies in food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add egg and continue to mix until mixture is evenly moist.
- Press mixture into greased, 9 inch tart pan, evenly covering sides and base.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 14 minutes until crust appears dry.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place Purdys Pecan Caramels in non-stick pot, add whipping cream and warm on stove on medium-low heat, stirring until mixture is completely melted.
- Pour into shortbread crust.
- Pour whipping cream into pot and bring to a slight boil.
- Take off heat and fold in finely chopped chocolate and butter until completely blended.
- Pour over caramel layer and refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Dust with cocoa powder and slice and serve.