Rachel’s No-Bake Vegan Mylk Chocolate PB&O Squares are creamy, oh-so peanut buttery, PACKED with healthy ingredients, and—best of all—the oven stays off! It’s a delicious, satisfying snack you can make in an instant.
- 300g (about 2 cups) roasted and salted cashews
- 155g (about 10) large Medjool dates
- 50g (about 1/3 cup) large flake oats
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 275g + 92g (about 1 + 1/3 cups) peanut butter, divided
- 190g (about 4.5 bars) Vegan Mylk Chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt (optional, for sprinkling)
- Food processor
- 2 Mixing bowls
- 9 x 5 loaf pan
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber scraper or spatula
- Parchment paper
Peanut Butter Base
- Add cashews, dates, oats, water, vanilla, and salt into the food processor.
- Blend well to combine (it will take a while!). Stop occasionally to scrape down the top and sides. The mixture will start to ball up around the blade and become crumbly and soft. Once you’re able to squeeze a clump in your hand and it holds together you can stop blending.
- Empty the mixture into a mixing bowl.
TIP: If the mixture becomes warm, let it cool down to room temperature before proceeding (you can speed this up by spreading the mixture out on a metal sheet pan to cool). Once cooled, add it in a mixing bowl.
- Add 275g of peanut butter and stir with a spatula to combine*.
*NOTE: This can be done in the food processor, but you risk overheating the mixture which can cause the oils from the nuts to separate. If you do use the processor, make sure to pulse in brief increments and stop once combined.
- Press the peanut butter mixture onto a parchment paper-lined 9x5 loaf pan. Place it in the fridge to set while you prepare the chocolate topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the Vegan Mylk Chocolate in the microwave in 20-30 second intervals until smooth. Mix in the remaining peanut butter until well blended.
- Take out the peanut butter base from the refrigerator. Slowly pour the chocolate topping over the peanut butter base.
- Optional: sprinkle some sea salt over top of the chocolate layer.
- Put the loaf pan in the freezer for at least half an hour (or leave it overnight) to set.
- Cut it into squares (you can decide on size). Enjoy!