Better Beans, Sustainably
100% sustainable cocoa means farmers have access to agricultural training and education to improve crop yields while protecting the environment.
Healthy, productive cocoa farms start with 100% sustainable cocoa.
Protecting the environment (today and for future generations) starts with local, accessible agricultural and business education for cocoa farmers, which results in better crop yields, better profits and a higher standard of living for farmers and their families, including women cocoa farmers and single mothers who must provide for their families.
Business Education For Farmers
- Classes for literacy, numeracy skills & promotion of women in business & community leadership roles
- Interest-free business loans & safe working conditions to support & promote self-sufficient farms
- Implementation of business systems such as record keeping & internal control systems for bean traceability
Improved Agricultural Practices
- Around 550 Farmer Field Schools held every year to share best practices on crop diversification, pruning, composting, pest control & more
- 65 cocoa co-ops & 37,487 registered farmers in Ivory Coast
- 16 registered cocoa-growing districts & 7,450 registered farmers in Ghana
- Cocoa Centre of Excellence in Pacobo, Ivory Coast dedicated to advanced agriculture techniques
- Techniques to improve bean fermentation efficiency processes & reduce waste
- Biodiversity & habitat preservation
- Soil management
- Waterway protection